Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thanks for visiting, come again Fall!

Bye, see ya later Fall! Thanks for the quick visit. Hello Winter?? Already?! Fall was only like a week and a half long! I was just enjoying the crisp fall air, the falling leaves, the cardigans and light sweaters. But I guess Mother Nature has something else in mind. This is what was outside when I was getting ready for class this morning:
I had to drag out the heavy wool coat, the umbrella, and the rain boots! I mean snow is pretty and I love a white Christmas, but it is not even Halloween yet!!!

But nevertheless (whoa that is all one word, who knew?) it got me in a holiday mood. So this evening I drove myself over to Hobby Lobby with a couple craft ideas in mind for my next project. Maybe something with a Thanksgiving/autumn feel. This is what I ended up buying: 
Yup, I bought a craft for Christmas! I couldn't help myself. They had all the Christmas decorations up and they were so alluring and pretty with all the lit trees and ornaments! I just gravitated towards them. Plus it was snowing when I came out of the store. I half expected to hear Christmas songs on the radio when I turned on the car. Now I want to curl up in my sweats with a cup of hot cocoa, and turn on some Christmas tunes as I do this holiday craft. Too soon? Ya I agree. I should at least wait till Halloween is over right? Ooops! 

Hopefully a few fall days squeeze their way in before winter sets in for good. Even though I love the winter holidays, the snow does get a little cold after 6 months. And yes, it does snow for 6 months in Provo, Utah. A couple years ago it snowed in May! Not fun. But hey, lets just enjoy it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment