Wednesday, October 17, 2012

EASY Tulle Wreath

This is one of the easiest crafts ever. It would be pretty hard to mess up on it. It is a fabulous tulle wreath. I got the idea from Pinterest. It linked to an Etsy shop that sold them for $40!!! I thought I could definently make the same thing for cheaper.
Autumn / Fall Tulle Wreath- A MUST SEE
My wreath inspiration
 This wreath is relatively inexpensive to make. I think total I ended up making mine for around $20 ($14-ish for the tulle and $6-ish for the wreath frame) I bought the tulle online from a cheap site and they had lots of colors to choose from! Then I used a coupon for the wreath frame.

So all you need is:

  • approx. 100 yards of tulle
  • styrofoam wreath frame (I recommend using one that is 8-10")
  • scissors
  • crafty accesories


Step 1: Play around with different lengths of tulle to see what you like on your wreath. Mine were pretty long, but I wanted a really big, full wreath.
Step 2: Cut strips of tulle your desired length
Step 3: Tie tulle on styrofoam frame. I used just a double knot like if you were tying your shoelaces in double knots aka the square not.
Step 4: Push tulle together to start forming wreath.

Step 5: Once all the tulle is tied, trim the ends if necessary/desired.
Step 6: Accessorize! I like to keep mine simple since one of the highlights in mine was all the colors of tulle, but add as much fluff as you like! Flowers, ribbon, bows, birds, leaves, whatever you want.


This craft is seriously so easy and fast. I like to do it in front of the TV or while the Husband is enraptured in a football game and I am bored to tears. Obviously the smaller the wreath frame, or the shorter you want your tulle, the less you use. I used pretty much all 100 yards of mine. Right now, I am loving how big and full my wreath is, but I can always trim it down if I don't want it so long.

Finished Item!
I made a more wintery themed wreath for my mom for Christmas last year that I will have to take a picture of sometime. Ha and now looking at the picture of my wreath it looks kind of lopsided, but maybe it is just the way the tulle had flopped a little. Or maybe I need to trim it up a bit.
I love this wreath because it can hang on my door till after Thanksgiving. And I love fall colors :)
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment