Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cheating the system

Are you like me? Do you have gift cards to places you just really don't want to buy anything at? Doug and I got lots of gift cards to Bed Bath & Beyond for our wedding. I have been there about 6 times and have bought everything I can possibly think of that I need (or want). I feel bad buying stuff there because every time I get something I think to myself, "I can get this so much cheaper somewhere else!" Nothing personal against BB&B, they have nice and expensive stuff, and I do not need so much fancy in my small apartment. So after winding our way around the store last night and getting a bathroom scale and a soup ladle  we seriously could not think of anything else to get. BUT.... we found a way to cheat the system. We found out we could buy gift cards with our gift cards! Bed Bath & Beyond has some good gift card options! We traded our $65 card for 3 restaurant cards. Now we can go on more dates yay! So, if you have cards to a place and can't think of anything to buy, buy another gift card! Doug and I are pretty proud of ourselves for discovering that little kink in the system.

We rewarded ourselves with some Cold Stone ice cream and we had a coupon for buy 1 get 1 half off so might as well right?
My absolute guilty pleasure at that place is the Founder's Favorite. SO GOOD! It has brownies, fudge, caramel and pecans in it. It is a pretty sweet combo (pun intended). Doug is a fan of the Peanut Butter Cup Perfection. The name pretty much sums up that one! I would take Cold Stone ice cream over an overpriced cheese-grater any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment