Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lobsters and Loops!


What a wonderful weekend! I got to spend all of Friday and Saturday and Sunday with my honey. Friday I took my first trip to Red Lobster! There I ate lobster for the very first time. Kind of ironic that I tried it now I live in Utah, even though I lived an hour from the ocean for 12 years. Doug ordered the plate of all plates with lobster and 2 different kinds of shrimp! I played it a little more safe and went with salmon. It was so delicious! I got Island BBQ Salmon that had a pineapple salsa on it and a tangy sauce. And those biscuits are pretty delicious, though I have to admit I have had those before thanks to my mother's very tasty copy-cat recipe. Good thing we had some wedding gift cards to though, because seafood is a spendy item!
Friday night also involved a quick trip to Kohl's for more gift card spending. After We spent the evening watching the BYU vs. Utah State game. Which I am proud to say we won!!! I made the most delicious oatmeal chocolate chip recipe I think I have ever made! They were perfectly chewy and moist. Heavenly!
Find the recipe right here. I wish I could take credit for that picture, but be assured that mine looked this good, if not better. That's right, mine might have looked better. We were just so excited to eat them I didn't have time to take a picture.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Saturday was an awesome day, let me tell you. We watched General Conference in the morning where we heard God's prophet speak to us, along with the apostles and other church leaders. It was really inspiring and spiritual. They gave a most exciting announcement that now boys can serve missions at the age of 18 and girls at the age of 19! Previously it was boys must be 19, and girls 21 before they can serve. Here is an article you can read up on if you want more details.

 
After the morning session of conference we hightailed it out of our cramped apartment up to American Fork Canyon to drive the Alpine Loop. It was such a beautiful day! Words cannot describe how gorgeous all the fall colors and leaves were. The leaves were yellow, pink, green and orange. There were some spectacular views of the mountains. The weather was perfect! A crisp fall day! It is going to be hard to narrow down the photos because I took so many!
Our picnic lunch of fried chicken and potato salad
Gorgeous Colors!

I just love fall colors! I can't get enough of them. I love fall weather. We might drive the loop again next weekend, that's how pretty it was. Saturday night we lounged. Today we are watching more General Conference. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment