Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pinterest fail, among other things

Yeah, yeah I know, the Beavers won. Whoopie. Okay so my team lost, but no biggie. OSU mostly won because of some lucky things that happened in their favor. It was a pretty close game until 4th quarter. I am still a Cougar fan don't you worry. And I can still be happy for the Beavers.
Moving on.
Friday was a great day! I of course did my 30 Day Shred workout in the morning, then I felt very sophisticated and important as I drove into Salt Lake City for an interview. I was super nervous, not for the interview, but because I was afraid I was not going to be able to find the place. Driving in big cities kinda freaks me out a little. But no worries. The GPS took me right to the place. I loved the place where I interviewed and hopefully they loved me too :)
All spiffed up for my interview. Here I come world!
The rest of Friday I spent with my best friend Doug. That included the classic pizza and a movie combo. If you haven't seen Dan in Real Life, we recommend it. And I actually stayed up for the whole thing! Its pretty miraculous if I can make it through a whole movie. Usually by Friday night, I am wiped and can only make it through 30 minutes of anything we are watching.
We even splurged and got a Papa Murphey's pizza on Friday. I know!! What were we thinking spending $7 for a pizza when you can get one for $5 at Little Caesars?! All I know is Papa uses a lot of cheese on his pizzas. Just the way I like it.

Satuday. Now that was an exciting day. If you thought what I did on Friday was good, just wait. Saturday included an epic Pinterest fail. Now I am slightly embarrassed to post this. It is not blog worthy in the slightest. 
This is what I was going for:
Yarn letter

This is what I ended up creating: 
For the life of me, I could not get the whole letter to be covered. It started out great, at the bottom, but the curve just got crazy, and then I could not get those 2 triangles to all be covered. I don't know if I wasn't using enough yarn or what! It seriously needs a makeover. I think I am going to have to perform some surgery next weekend. Stay tuned on this project. 

I felt like I had to redeem myself and prove to the world that I can be crafty. So to make up for the failure, I made this little card for my beautiful friend Emily. Its cute right? Better than that yarn letter anyways. Do I get any redemption points in the craft sphere?

Also, I made more cookies this weekend! Gah! I know! I'm horrible. Here I am trying to work so hard to get fit and I go and make cookies. But they were peanut butter and chocolate. and they were soo delicious! And it was the only sugar I had this weekend if that counts for anything. First thing tomorrow morning I will be back on track with good eating. 

Go to THIS site if you want to find out how to make these beyond good peanut butter and chocolate beauties.
Saturday night ended with an awesome BYU women's volleyball game. The football team would do well to take some pointers from them about winning. After which we stuffed ourselves with warm gooey cookies and the Avengers. I promptly fell asleep after 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment