Monday, October 1, 2012

Cute Cricut Craft

So I realized my blog was turning into a food diary. That was certainly not my intention when I began this blog. For some reason sometimes I think the cyber world wants to know everything I cook and eat. I do enjoy cooking quite a bit and I do love sharing recipes. But I will spare you the details of my dinner tonight (though may I say, it was very delicious). Instead I will show you what I have been doing to keep myself busy while the husband is off at class or studying and I am procrastinating homework. 
A Halloween banner!
 It was super fun and I love how it turned out. For my birthday in August, my dad gave me a mini Cricut machine. If you have never heard of the Cricut, you need to get in the loop! It is a little machine similar in shape to a printer, but it cuts paper. You have different cartridges with different shapes on it and you simply tell it what shape to cut and what size. Mine is a baby Cricut and cuts papers that are 6x12". The full size Cricut cuts 12x12" paper. It sure saved me a lot of time from having to cut out all the letters by hand!
Craft table (aka dining room table)

My cute little Cricut. I think I need to name it.
Oh and another essential  for crafting: Jamba!
 So you feed the paper in through the front, punch in what you want it to cut, and then it cuts it out for you! So nifty huh?



It adds some festive color to our otherwise blank walls. Funny story- the whole time I was cutting out the letters and gluing them to the banners, I was afraid that I was going to mess up the words and somehow glue it in the order of Hally Happoween or something. Or maybe spell Halloween with one E instead of two. Whew! I made it though. But just for double safety measures I made sure to check again before posting this blog in case I had messed up without noticing. But spell check assured me I was right. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment