Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rivalry

As many of you know, I lived for 12 years in Corvallis, Oregon. Home to many green trees, hippies, and the Oregon State Beavers!
Currently, I live in Provo, Utah. Home to huge mountains, Mormons, and the BYU Cougars!

Now you may or may not have heard that Oregon State's football team is ranked #10 in the nation right now. This is pretty exciting for them, seeing as they have struggled the past couple years. BYU is not ranked right now. But, overall has had a pretty exciting season with some close games.

So this is where the dilemma is: this Saturday afternoon BYU is taking on Oregon State at BYU's homecoming game. As you can imagine, this has stirred up some strong emotions within my family. Who should we root for? Both my parents are BYU alums, but both lived for a lengthy period of time in Beaver country. They have kids that attend BYU and in fact live 15 minutes from the campus. However, it is fun to root for the visiting team sometimes, just to stand out and wear a little black and orange for a change

Where do I stand with my allegiance you may wonder? Psh... That is a no brainer. BYU!!! Of course I have to support the school I go to. Plus I have been to more Cougar football games than Beaver. Plus Cosmo the Cougar is way cooler than Benny the Beaver  hands down. Cosmo can freakin break dance and do back handsprings!

How can I so easily betray my hometown team you ask? Simple. I moved. I became a Cougar. Provo is my hometown now. Not to mention, I was actually born here.

I cannot speak for the other members of my family and which team they will be rooting for, but as for this girl, she bleeds blue. Go Cougars!


My brother and my cousin ready for the BYU vs OS game last year!
They had a hard time picking a team.
Team Orange for the family 5k.
The family's true Cougar fans hiking the famous Y Mountain.

And this picture of my sis was just too cute to not share.

No comments:

Post a Comment