Wednesday, December 19, 2012

So this is winter break huh?

Ok I know it is so exciting to be on a break from school and work. But I am BORED! It was cool for a week yes, but now I am running out of things to do. Doug takes our car pretty much everyday to work form 8 to 5 which means I am left in our small apartment stranded. My day usually consists of: working out, eating, tv, reading, eating, cleaning (maybe), and more tv and more reading. Super exciting. Oh yeah and we bake a lot, which is not doing my figure any favors.

I cannot wait until Friday when we are going to start staying at my parents house for the weekend/Christmas. Yay! Something to do! Please people, if you have any ideas on what I can do to entertain myself at home, with no car, let me know. Yes, I have painted my nails already. Twice in fact. And yes, I have tried new hair-dos on myself. I even played dress-up in my closet. Told you I was running out of things to do.

Do you want to see some (unflattering) pictures of us baking? Okay sure, why not.
Dipping peanut butter balls
 

Making "white chip orange dream cookies" in sweats

Oh so attractive.
 

Ah my cute boy.
 
Well this blog post managed to keep me entertained for a whole 20 minutes. I think I am going to have to convince Doug to let me borrow the car soon so that I can go to the fabric store. I should be able to find a project to entertain me for a little while there.

I will say though, in the evenings when Doug is home with me, Christmas break is awesome! We eat way too many treats, watch movies, cuddle under a blanket and sip hot cocoa. It is the best. I love being married and always having a  best friend to hang out with.

2 comments:

  1. make birthday cards for upcoming birthdays, scrapbook, drive Doug to work and then do what you want to do and then pick him back up again, deep clean you apartment, rearrange your furniture, start a new craft, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through almost three months like that after I graduated. I seriously almost went crazy!!! The best thing I did was keep busy with projects, though it was sometimes hard with our budget. :o) If you have the "spare" cash, make a calendar with walmart's online stuff. Go back through all your pictures from this year, and put pictures taken Jnuary 2012 on the January 2013 page, pictures taken February 2012 on the February 2013, etc. It's a lot of fun to turn the page on the calendar and see what you did that month the previous year. :o) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete