Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dinner success! Picture fail...

Alright, go ahead and say it: I am a failure. I forgot again to take pictures of our life. So I apologize both to you and myself, because it would have been really fun to have pictures of what we did last night!

Doug and I hosted a holiday dinner party at my parent's house yesterday evening. We set the table all fancy and lit candles and everything. We invited 3 other couples to join us and it was super fun. On the menu was pork burritos with all the works. Cafe Rio style of course complete with cilantro dressing, rice, beans and pico de gallo. For dessert we had delicious turtle cheesecake. Lets just say the food was a hit.

Then we played some funny games and we were all laughing ourselves to tears by the end.
One of Doug and I's favorite games to play with friends is The game of things. It is a similar idea to Balderdash, kinda. The game has cards that say things like "Things you shouldn't say to your doctor" or "Things you shouldn't do in the shower." Everybody writes down an answer to the card and one person reads all the responses, you then go around the table and try to guess who wrote which answer. As I am sure you can imagine, it certainly makes for an entertaining evening.


Doug and I were so proud of ourselves for hosting a successful first dinner party. And it was super great having it at my parent's house! All we had to do was load the dishwasher after. No prep cleaning or anything. I keep kicking myself in the shin for not taking one measly picture. Not even a picture of the beautiful table! Gosh I am horrible. I even brought my camera all the way there and set it on the kitchen counter so I would remember to pull it out throughout the evening. Sigh. Oh well. Nothing to be done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment