Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rad Dinner

Today Doug and I bought our very first Christmas tree!!! I am so excited about it. Its a cheap one, but a it is just perfect for us. Sorry, no pictures yet until its completely decorated. So that way you can have the full effect.

I made a pretty rad dinner tonight, but forgot to take picture of it for your viewing pleasure. Man I really need to bet better at this picture thing. But you are just going to have to use your imagination on this one. It was so so so so yummy. No joke.

The first thing I made was Boneless BBQ Ribs. They are seriously so tender and so delicious. We struggle to ration ourselves so we can have it for 2 meals. Here is the recipe:

5 lbs boneless ribs (I like to use pork)
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. ketchup
4 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. vinegar

Cut up meat into desired sizes, and remove excess fat. Boil 1-2 hours until soft and tender. Place in a 9 x 13 pan. In separate bowl mix sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire and vinegar. Place sauce over meat and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Easy enough right?? And so so so good. You should try it! Yeah it takes a little bit of time to make since you have to boil it. I have always boiled mine for just an hour and it usually tastes really good. But do not skip the boiling step, because that is what makes the meat so tender. The recipe is easily halved if you do less meat, which is what I usually do, because 5 pounds is a lot for 2 people.

The second yummy component we had for our dinner was mock Red Lobster biscuits. And I know there are a lot of recipes out there for these. Mine is super quick and tastes splendid.

2 c. Bisquick pancake mix
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. shredded cheese
1 tsp parsley

Combine all this in a bowl. Batter will be really thick. Drop large spoonfuls (or small handfulls) on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until done in the middle. Might have to do longer if you make bigger biscuits.
When the are done, brush them with a mixture of 1/4 c. melted butter that has 1 tsp garlic salt added to it. Give is that nice buttery flavor. Voila!

Again, I apologize for the lack of visuals. I could take a picture of the dirty dishes to show you how much we liked it? Just promise me you will try one of the recipes at least. If no other reason then at least to make me feel better about my recipes that I think are amazing. I take total blame if you don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment