Wednesday, November 7, 2012

44 Things My Mom Taught Me In 21 Years


Happy Birthday to my mom! She had a birthday on Tuesday. The big 44. I love her so much. She is the best mother in the world.


She has taught me so much throughout the years and I owe her a lot. 
I decided to make a list. I present to you, 44 things my mom taught me in 21 years:

1.      How to tie my shoes
2.      Chew with my mouth closed
3.      How to read
4.      How to change a diaper
5.      How to make delicious cookies
6.      Be flexible!
7.      The birds and the bees
8.      How to do laundry
9.      How to clean a tub
10.  Always make lists
11.  A love of old TV shows
12.  I should make my bed everyday
13.  How to play the piano
14.  How to make bread
15.  How to sew
16.  Eat a veggie with dinner
17.  Homework before play
18.  To say I’m sorry
19.  Say please and thank-you
20.  Keep a clean house
21.  How to put on mascara
22.  How to drive
23.  Don’t watch sports on Sundays
24.  Go to bed on time (even if husbands like to stay up late)
25.  Peanut butter and bananas
26.  Save your money
27.  Marry in the temple
28.  How to curl my hair
29.  How to make tuna sandwiches
30.  How to waterski
31.  How to make cinnamon toast
32.  How to can tomatoes, peaches, pears and applesauce
33.  The true religion
34.  How to peel potatoes
35.  Taking walks is a good idea
36.  How to make homemade jam
37.  How to make a proper grocery list
38.  It is okay for grownups to take time-outs too
39.  Pray as a family
40.  How to walk
41.  How to laugh at myself
42.  I can do hard things
43.  Go the extra mile
44.  She loves me!

2 comments:

  1. OH - I love that - you truly have been blessed with a wonderful mother - and a true friend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this is weird, but I actually remember your mom making really good tuna fish sandwiches. I don't know how one can make a better tuna fish sandwich than others, but it is possible apparently.

    ReplyDelete