Monday, November 5, 2012

Hiatus

I apologize for the brief hiatus. It feels like its been awhile since I've posted. Our internet has been on the fritz lately and it has taken some extra patience--which I don't usually have. Plus I feel like we haven't been all that exciting this weekend, not much to share.

Friday we were lazy and hung out at home. We watched The Holiday! Ya you could say we are excited for Christmas. Thursday night I spent making some holiday crafts. We both have busted out the Christmas music. Usually I am not one of these people that jumps into Christmas before Thanksgiving, but this year I can't help it. I am so excited!

Saturday we went to my aunt's house in Kaysville to spend time with our cousins who were in town. It was fun to hang out and play games. And yeah. That is as about as exciting as it gets over here.
Little Annie

Little Natalie (I like to think she is named after me)

Big Rob and Kyler
Now on to my sad complaint. Sigh. I miss shopping sometimes. The sad part is I don't realize I miss it until I go to the mall, or allow myself to shop online. But I suppose that is a good thing. There is just something so wonderful about buying new clothes. Maybe it is the self confidence boost of having something new and chic to wear. Maybe it is just knowing that you can buy something new, even if you don't need it. My mom will be the first to tell you that I don't NEED any new clothes. And I realize I don't absolutely need new things, I just want them! Living on a small budget can be a challenge.

Over Thanksgiving we are taking family pictures with Doug's family and of course there is a color scheme to follow so everybody will match... This got me a little bit excited. An excuse to buy a new shirt!! Ok ok I don't need a new shirt. I am sure I can find something in my closet that can work. Or if not in my closet, than my sister is sure to have something. But no matter, I decided to peruse a bit online for Husband and myself. Oh no... Did I get myself in trouble or what. Now I just really want to go shopping. Inner battle going on right now. I know that I do not need new clothes. And I know that Christmas is coming up soon, and maybe I will get some clothes then... But oh how pretty they look and what great deals I am finding. HELP!!! How do you talk yourself out of going to the mall?? The bummer part is that I know that if I buy anything, I am just going to have shopper's remorse after for spending money on frivolous things. Ugh. This is such a struggle.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! It was way fun to see you and Doug- and the rest of your family of course. You can totally think Natalie is named after you! It is a great name. I'm going to be waiting for your phone call letting me know when you and Doug are coming up to Rexburg for some awesome homemade Idaho fries!! Talk to you soon. Kristi

    ReplyDelete