Monday, November 12, 2012

Gratitude



Thanksgiving is quickly approaching! I keep telling myself I just have to get through this week of classes and then I get a break! So much to do before the week is over though.
Sunday, Doug and I are headed for warmer weather. We are headed to Arizona!! Hello sunshine. This will be my first visit to this southern state. It is going to be a fun trip with the entire Parker crew. Did I mention that Doug is from a huge family?? We are taking family pictures down in AZ and I think we counted there will be 16 of us in the picture. This is all immediate family too. No aunts, uncles, cousins or grandparents. Yes, Doug has a lot of siblings. Party time!

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I composed a list of things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for:  

  • The taxes I pay because it means I have a job.
  • The mess to clean up after a party because it means I am surrounded by good friends
  • The clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
  • The floors that need sweeping, the tub that needs scrubbing, and shelves that need dusting because it means I have a home
  • I am even grateful for the complaints I hear about the government because it means I live in a land of liberty that allows freedom of speech.
  • For the parking spot at the far end of the lot because it means I am capable of walking and have been blessed with a car.
  • For the pimple on my forehead, because it means I can see.
  • For my heating bill because I am warm
  • For my dad who sings off-key because it means I can hear.
  • And for the weariness and sore muscles at the end of the day because it means I am healthy and am capable of working hard.

   I am so grateful for so many things. I hope that I never miss a chance to say thank-you for all of the wonderful things I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment