Friday, November 23, 2012

Home again home again

Well I am back in chilly Provo again. Arizona was so much fun! And so warm! The saddest part was, I took my camera all the way there, and all the way back and didn't take a single picture. Hopefully my mother-in-law will send me some that she took.

Here is the brief run-down of the trip:
Sunday: The 12 hour drive down to Arizona. My first time ever seeing Las Vegas. We took a little detour to go down the strip. The only thing I did take a picture of. We went through during the day, so no lights... But Doug said we could come back sometime so I will see it lit up eventually.


Monday: A little bit of shopping in the morning for the accessories in our family pictures. Then we made lunch, and lounged until time to primp for pictures. Trying to get 16 people, including a rambunctious 2-year-old to all smile at the same time is no easy feat.

Tuesday: The hardest hike of my life! Straight up a cliff basically. Like climbing on your hands and knees on the way up and sliding down on your bum on the way down hard. Whew! Saw some good looking cacti and worked up a good sweat. That evening, us girls went to see Breaking Dawn Part II. It was good. I liked how they made the movie more interesting than the end of the book. The movie felt short though and almost rushed. But not horrible. 
This was only from halfway up!
Wednesday: Made 3 chocolate chip pies in the morning. If you have not been introduced to chocolate chip pies, you are missing out. especially if you are a fan of chocolate chip cookies. I always find my recipe just on the Nestle Toll House website. Yummy! Shopped in the afternoon. More girl bonding time. Then mini golfing with everybody. I even beat Doug 53-57**. Then boys took off for the Suns' game and us girls headed to Texas Roadhouse for way too much food and  watched a chick flick.

Thursdays: TURKEY!!! Cooked and ate and hung out with the fam. My day ended not so ideally. Got a stomach ache... and I know you are thinking, "It's Thanksgiving, everybody gets a stomach ache." But this was not a "I ate too much and now my tummy hurts" problem. It was a weird something else. SO I went to bed at 9:00 and slept great all night!

Friday: The longggggg drive home where we had 13 seats and 13 people. Talk about getting to know the in-laws! Cozy 12 hour drive will do the trick.

Made it back home all in one piece, with one sore tush and probably at least 5 pounds heavier. Hitting the gym first thing tomorrow for some bonding time with the treadmill. Happy Thanksgiving!!

** since posting the above, I have been corrected. Doug's 1's apparently look like 7's. So that means I lost in golf 51-53.... oops.





No comments:

Post a Comment