Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spring in September

Today was such a gorgeous day! It was perfect! 75 degrees with blue skies and beautiful colors. It was finally cool enough to wear a scarf and light cardigan without sweating my make-up and deodorant off while hiking the hill to class. I just couldn't pass up these vibrant flowers without snapping a photo! It looks like spring. They might be the last flowers that are on campus for awhile. As soon as it gets cold outside its bye-bye to anything green and alive. 

So, you have probably gathered by now that I like to cook (and eat). I love to try new recipes and its always so exciting when it turns out yummy. Which happens more often than not in my case, thank goodness. Plus it is such a good feeling when you make food and other people love it! Compliments are addicting, and I found I can always get one out of my husband when I cook a good dinner. I saw this picture of cheesy goodness on Pinterest and was immediately hungry. I guess Husband and I have a thing for meat rolled in tortillas smothered in cheese and sauce.


 This is how mine turned out. I cut back the recipe a little since it would take literally 2 weeks for us to eat an entire 9x13 pan of enchiladas. The recipe was pretty basic. No tricky ingredients. I didn't have to buy some random spice that I would probably never use again. I am big advocate of using normal food to cook with. Though branching out is great too sometimes. I would say that this is a relatively inexpensive dish too. The main ingredients are things most people buy normally: tortillas, chicken, cheese, and sour cream.They turned out really good! I had never made actual enchiladas before, though I have made enchilada casserole. These will definently be making a reappearance on our table in the future.
Here is the recipe for the yummy creation.
I realize I am overloading on all the food posts! I do have plans to post about a craft project I am working on... It just takes longer to make a craft than it does to make dinner! But here is a sneak peak:


No comments:

Post a Comment