Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hey Burrito

So this is what I made for dinner last night.

Hungry yet?
Yeah it was pretty good... and the best part was it was so easy! Even a naive chef, like me, could do it.
Want to know the secret to these cheesy, tender, beef burritos? Come here and I'll tell you. The trick is,
the CROCK-POT!
Basically you just throw in beef, enchilada sauce and 2 beef bouillon cubes and walk away for 8 hours. It was almost too easy. I got suspicious that I was doing something wrong or forgetting an ingredient because it was so simple.
And then I thought, why not try to make my own Pico de Gallo too? Which turned out awesome! (Even though I have a strange aversion to chopping cilantro.) It was a lot of cutting and my fingers smelt spicy for the rest of the night, but it was oh so delicious with the burritos!
Not to mention, Husband said about 6 times how yummy the burritos were. Feeling pretty great about my kitchen skills at this point.
I found the recipe for the burritos here (trade refried beans for black) and the Pico recipe here. So, I'm thinking you should make this soon and impress your friends and fam. To make it even easier, you could always just buy your own salsa, but whats the fun in that?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Natalie! Welcome to the world of blogging, and nice work with the chile colorado burritos! Thanks for the link back to my blog (that's how I found yours). Here's a link to my friend's blog that will teach you a lot about blogging if you feel like you need to read up or get some tips:
    http://bloggingwithamy.com/
    I'm also on Blogger, so if you have any naive questions, feel free to email me! Cheers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for the recipe. I will be making it again for sure :)

      Delete