Sunday, September 23, 2012

All Grown Up

My little sister is all grown up. Sniff sniff. She went to her first high school dance last night. Now that she is 16 years old, she is newly eligible in the dating sphere (If you are confused why I say she is newly eligble, you should check out this site.) and was super excited to be a part of the high school dance scene! You remember how excited you were for your first dance right? She graciously asked me if I would be her stylist for this big and important event. She came over to my tiny apartment last weekend and we had fun trying out some hair-do's while watching the dramatically sad BYU vs. Utah game. She picked a nice elegant up-do. It must be nice to have a big sister who will share not only her time and talents, but also her jewelry and shoes! Think of how much money I would have saved if I had a big sister to borrow from! Oh well, at least I get to be the older sister with lots of cool stuff. Makes me feel wanted.
Here she is all dolled up!
My mom said that my sister looked like she was 21. I asked my mom if I looked like I was 21 too (since I am) and she said, "not with those bangs!" Thanks Mom. Now I am going to be self-conscious about my bangs forever. Especially if they make me look younger than my 16 year old sister! It doesn't help that she is already taller than me. Maybe I will transition to side bangs. Those might look more grown up. Hopefully.
The hair had a poof in the front and then a french braid that wrapped around the  bun.
Not to shabby huh?
Maybe I do look younger than 21 
I came home to a wonderfully prepared meal by the husband. What a great guy. He really treats me right. We had crock-pot BBQ chicken with corn and mashed potatoes. I couldn't have made it better myself. It is so nice to have somebody else cook every once in awhile. 
Now looking at this picture, maybe we should move the
dustpan further away from where we eat our food.


Well we are headed back over to the fam's house tonight to bum a meal from Mom...oh and of course hear how the big dance went. Whoo! I don't have to cook again tonight!

3 comments:

  1. AAAHHHH!!! I can't believe Mikayla is 16!! I love her updo- great job! Hope the date and dance were fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I don't know whether I should be flattered that I'm important enough to be quoted in someone's blog, or whether I should just watch my mouth knowing that what I say may go viral! My dear Natalie, bangs or no bangs - looking 21 or not - these things are not nearly as important to me as the wonderful fact that you were so kind and generous with your sister last night. Thank you for sharing your time and expertise with the hair and make-up! Thanks for being excited to share your jewelry and shoes! You made Mikayla feel special and loved and that means the world to me. Merci, Merci, Merci! I love you AND your bangs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Mom, it was more just humorous. Love you!

      Delete