Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bye-Bye Laura!


We took a visit to the temple this evening. If you would like to learn  more about the Latter-Day Saint (Mormon) temples, and why we have them, just click here. There are lots of good links and articles that tell about our temples and what goes on there. And if you have any questions feel free to ask! Doug and I got married in the LDS temple in Portland, Oregon. It was beautiful inside and out. Tonight we just went to our local Provo, Utah temple. The sun was setting when we came out and it was gorgeous outside. We went with my friend Laura who is about to leave for 18 months to serve an LDS mission in Chicago. Laura was actually my roommate my freshman year here at BYU. We have had some fun times together, and some pretty silly ones too.
The first day Laura and I ever met. Move-in day. 8-26-2009

Our apartment thought it would be clever to be "swine-flu" for Halloween.
Looking back, not one of my best costume choices.

Grabbing some lunch.

Bye-Bye Laura! See you in 18 Months!

If you want to know why college-aged men and women would ever leave their homes, friends and family for 18-24 months, just go to this link. My brother is serving his mission in Ukraine right now. He had to learn Russian so he could talk to the people there. I am so proud of him for going and I know he is blessing the lives of others as he teaches them about Christ. I know Laura is going to be an awesome missionary too! The people of Chicago are in for a treat!

On a random side note- Doug and I found the HUGGEST shoes ever at Ross a couple weeks ago! They are seriously size 21! I didn't even know they made shoes that big. Who has feet this huge? (besides Shaq of course) But shout out to anybody who does need big shoes-- they have an abnormally large amount of these at Ross. Go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment