Monday, January 7, 2013

No school for Natalie!

Today I crossed the threshold into real adulthood. Okay- it is not real adulthood until you get a real paycheck, but I am moving up in the world. On this freezing cold January morning, I did not make my way up the mountainous hill towards campus. Instead, I hit the pavement on the I-15 Northbound for my new commute to Salt Lake for the first day of my internship. I felt so official with my own desk, laptop and stack of company sticky notes. I even got to record a voicemail message for the phone. Extension 124 in case you were curious. Yeah I am feeling pretty official.

Things I learned at my first day in the office:
- Salt Lake is different than Provo... I forgot how much of a bubble I was living in!
- People are not kidding when they say the commute is horrible. Traffic was crazy coming home.
- 8 hours is a long day at the office.
- College taught me some things, but not everything.
- I enjoy dressing up in business casual clothes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment