Saturday, January 5, 2013

Holiday Recap

Back in Provo once more. It so so so so cold here. Like we have ice on the inside of our apartment cold (thank you badly insulated college apartments). But all in all it is good to be back. Visiting family is always fun, but nothing is better than sleeping in your own bed. Monday Doug starts school again. And me? I start my new internship in Salt Lake! I am so excited and nervous. I hope they like me. (I sound like I am meeting my in-laws for the first time)

So a recap of the holidays. Again, I fail at picture taking. Christmas morning I took zero pics. Actually, pretty much the rest of the break I took zero pictures. Ooopsy. Not like we did anything you would feel like you need to see pictures of anyways. Lots of movie watching and game playing. Which I am sure you know what that looks like. I did take a lot of pictures before we left of Idaho though. Would you like to see them?

Lunch and games at Aunt Linda's house:



Lights at Temple Square in SLC:


Yeah it was freezing cold.

 Traditional visit to Crown Burgers after the lights:




More traditions. Bowling on Christmas Eve: 
Pale pale winter face.





Somehow, Jenessa's ball got stuck behind the bumper...
So are you tired of seeing pictures of my family? Good. Because that is the end of them. 
We were blessed with a white Christmas! It was beautiful. Christmas was so much fun. We got some really neat gifts from my awesome family. All us kids took the sleds up to the canyon for some epic rides and that was a blast. There was at least a good 18 inches up in the canyon. We had fun just pushing each other over in the snow. 

The 27th we made our way up to Idaho to spend time with Doug's family. We had a great time playing tons of games, watching movies and eating good food. Eating way too much good food. We played some epic games of capture the flag and dodge ball. I was seriously sore the next day. 

Now our life is going to seem dull in comparison. But I wouldn't miss a minute of it. Nothing is better than having my husband with me and us making memories of our own together. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment