Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easy Wall Decor Craft

About time for another blog post I'd say. We recently enjoyed watching General Conference this past weekend. It is a conference that takes place twice a year where our church leaders speak to us. They give us direction, counsel and teach us of Christ. If  you want to learn more about it, you can check it out here. I especially loved Elder L. Tom Perry's talk. I saw him in person like a week ago at a big, fancy dinner I went to for work. I was literally like 6 feet away from him and we smiled at each other. What a sweet guy.

During the Saturday session I tend to like to do a craft. I decided our walls needed something new. I love how it turned out. The craft was actually a lot quicker than I thought it would be. So quick I might make more!
How the wall looked before- A crinkled poster I bought 3 years ago. Lame.

Now pretty patterned squares instead of the poster.
So what I did was take 4 six-inch cork board squares. I traced them on a piece of scrapbook paper. I applied a distressing ink on the edges and corners of the paper to make them seem a little worn and it gave a nice edge to the paper. Then I modge-podged the paper on the squares and stuck them on the wall! So eeeasy. It would be fun to make some bigger ones too. We bought a new couch last week. No not actually new. Ha...funny. Ya we are too poor for that. We bought a new, used couch. The couch is tan so I wanted to incorporate a little more color into the room with the tan. I was originally looking for purple paper, but it just didn't exist unless it was too 10-year old girl purple which is not the look I was going for. But the green and blue turned out nice.

Oh and I forgot to mention how inexpensive the craft was. I already had the modge-podge. The paper was 50% off at Hobby Lobby and I used a 40% off coupon on the cork board. The whole thing cost maybe $8.40. I think the crinkled poster was more expensive than that. I will gladly give it up.
Before hanging them on the wall.
Our little tiny minuscule apartment is starting to feel more and more homey (home-like?) all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment