Thursday, April 4, 2013

Crock Pot Gyros

Thought I might as well share this recipe with you since I know my amazing iPhone photography skills made you drool all over yourself and want to consume the delicious gyro.
Good news now, you don't have to wish you knew how to make these anymore. I will share my secrets. As usual my secrets usually involve a crock pot. Which makes cooking so easy! So please give it a try. You will immensely enjoy it.
(Side note- this recipe is from my mother-in-law.)


BEEF GYROS

2-lb boneless beef chuck steak, sliced ¼ in thick
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Pita bread

Toppings: yogurt-dill sauce (tzatziki), lettuce, tomatoes, onions

Place beef in slow-cooker. In a small bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over beef, turning beef to coat. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, until meat is tender. Warm pitas as package directs. Stuff pitas with sliced meat, Yogurt-Dill Sauce (below), and toppings.

Yogurt-Dill Sauce:
1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup diced seedless cucumber (or just cut the seeds out), 1 Tbsp dill, ¼ tsp salt.
Combine all ingredients; mix well.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Yum- that looks delicious. I'm going to have to remember your post and try these out sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete