Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Date Night: Korean Food and Forts

I have been so behind on blogging. Lost my moment I guess you could say. Work has been busier than ever and blogging has been the last thing on my mind. But no matter, we are doing it now!

About a month ago Doug and I had a fun Friday date. We were feeling tired of our usual restaurant places and decided we wanted to try something new. We chose Korean food and went to Spicy Corea on University Ave. It was a Friday night, so we were expecting it to be crowded and for there to be a wait. We walked in and there was only 1 other person there eating. Score! No wait! We both ordered the beef bulgogi which was very delicious. It is beef that has been marinated in a sweet juice, then cooked with onions and carrots. You eat it with rice, and the rice was purple! The meal overall we would give an 7.5/10. Good food, good service, but a little expensive for our poor income. Ha not that it was an expensive place, it was just more than our usual run to Costa Vida...

After dinner we perused the library for some flicks. The library always has interesting movies that we have never heard of before. And some we realize, we haven't heard of for a reason...When we got back to our apartment I was feeling a little restless and not quite ready to bunker down in my over-sized basketball shorts on the couch for the rest of the night. We had the brilliant idea to make a fort! Yes, we are 5 years old. Building a fort in our tiny apartment, with limited furniture to use as props is no small feet. But with some help from some tape we got a passable fort. We then enjoyed an evening of Julia Roberts in "My Best Friend's Wedding" and pazookies- my first one ever. Made the fort 10 times better.




No comments:

Post a Comment