Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hair Bow

Today a wore a hair bow to church. A literal hair bow. A bow made out of my hair. I tried to do this on Thursday, but it wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to look and I ran out of time. It took a little bit of practice to make it look alright. But overall it was a success and I will be wearing this cute hairstyle again. I got a lot of compliments on it.

Here is how mine turned out:


You can sort of see the bobby pins I used to set the bow in place, but if you are looking straight at the bow it is a bit harder to see them. Hopefully next time I try this hair-do it looks a little more neat and tidy.

Here is the tutorial I followed to make the bow. Her's looks a lot better than mine.
Take small two small sections from each side of the head. The bigger the sections, the bigger the bow.
Secure with an elastic, but don't pull the hair all the way through the last time you wrap it around.
Split the loop in half to create too small loops and pin one aside for later.
Use your fingers to spread out the loop and push it flat against your head in a bow shape. Insert 1 booby pin going from top to bottom and one going from bottom to top. Repeat on the other side.
Pick up remaining ends of the ponytail and wrap around the elastic to hide it.  Secure with bobby pins.
And Finished!
The tutorial is from a blog called Hair and Makeup by Steph. She has a ton of cool hair ideas on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment