Wednesday, June 26, 2013

One Entire Year

So slow on this post! Doug and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on June 1st. The past year went by so fast. Part of me is so surprised that I have already been married a whole year, but on the other hand I can't believe its only been a year. I am already quickly forgetting what it felt like to be single. Thank goodness.

Part 1 of the anniversary day: Waffles made by my sweetheart. 

Part 2: He let me get my hair done. Summer highlights? Don't mind if I do.

Part 3: Going to dinner at a great Italian restaurant. Had a gift card and a coupon. Score! Great food for a great price.
Part 4: Coming home from dinner to this:




My mom had been hanging on to all our extra wedding announcements for an entire year just to bomb us on our anniversary. Silly lady. But it was sure a funny surprise to come home to. We came home the next day from our outing and found our faces all over the parking lot thanks to that wind.

Part 5: Going to the dollar theater to see The Great and Terrible Oz. We spare no expense.

Part 6: Cautiously tasting the top of our wedding cake (which my mother had also saved for an entire year in the freezer). Then really enjoying the cheesecake that Doug and I had made together. 


The best part of the anniversary was spending the entire day with my best friend. The past year has been the best ever. Everybody said that the first year would be the hardest, and if that's the case then I say bring on the rest!! I can't wait for the years to come. I love you, Doug.



No comments:

Post a Comment